Our proprietary Brand Emergence 6P Process worksheet is the guide marketers use to help them better evaluate their Brands.
Basically, Brand Emergence helps eliminate “garbage in = garbage out.” By going all in at the beginning, we’re better prepared to provide our clients with the best possible result, and that’s a marketing solution that turns into sales. The Brand Emergence 6Ps worksheet is one of the main reasons why our work is smarter, on target, and gets noticed in the marketplace.
The 6Ps include:
- PURPOSE– What action are you trying to achieve?
- PROBLEM– What is the marketing problem the communication is trying to solve?
- PROMISE– What are you delivering to your customers in order to create Brand value?
- PERSON– Who is it you’re trying to connect to?
- PROPOSITION– This is the illumination, the insight, the connection your Brand has been looking for.
- PLAN– How are you going to bring the insight to life?
Armed with this knowledge, you’ll be more focused on how to implement Brand communication, have a better understanding of your target, their desires and needs, develop a solid communication strategy, begin establishing your Brand’s creative platform, successfully compete in a crowded marketplace, and increase profits and overall Brand value.
Understand that this worksheet is only a tool.
In order for a Brand to truly get off the ground, it must be surrounded by a band of marketing professionals committed to creating Ideas that manifest its dormant potential.
The framework and processes necessary for creating, managing and enhancing your Brand. A lot more goes into it, but below are the fundamentals of how we communicate insight that resonates.
1) 6P QUESTIONNAIRE
- Purpose: What action are we trying to achieve?
- Problem: What Is the communication trying to solve?
- Promise: What is it you are delivering to your customers in order to create Brand value?
- Person: This is the person or people we are connecting with.
- Proposition: This is the illumination, the insight, the connection your Brand has been searching for.
- Plan: This is how we bring the insight to life
2) BRAND DISCOVERY – INVESTIGATION
Understanding of Brand – Where are we and where do we want to be?
- Research of Existing Materials
- Understanding the Customer
- Understanding the Competition
- Internal consensus across all stakeholders
- Focus group input
3) BRAND INSIGHT – VERIFICATION
Identifying Brand Opportunity – Is what we think about the Brand true?
- Functional Advantage
- Emotional Rewards
- Value to Target Customer
4) BRAND ARCHITECTURE – CLARIFICATION
Structure of Brand – Where do we fit into the Big Picture?
- “Big Picture” connection between internal Brands
- Segmentation of offerings
- Visual analysis of Brand continuity
5) BRAND POSITION – DECLARATION
Definition of Brand – What we stand for.
- Unique Selling Proposition
6) BRAND ESSENCE – TRANSFORMATION
Translating Functional Benefits Into Emotional Connections – Going from benefits to emotion.
- Develop/communicate “character” of the Brand
- Strong connection to the Brand
- Develop platform/foundation/narrative for the Brand
7) BRAND STANDARDS – GENERATION
Systematic Development of the Brand – Consistent Execution of the Brand – Building the Brand.
- Logo Development
- Tagline Development
- Messaging Development
- Color Development
- Font Development
- Photography Development
8) BRAND COMMUNICATION & EXECUTION – CREATION/TRANSLATION
Tactical Implementation of the Brand – From strategy to tactics.
- Brand Creative Brief
- Project Creative Brief (Laddering up to Brand message)
- Campaign Development
- Collateral Development
9) BRAND VALUE GROWTH – VALIDATION
Measuring the Success of the Brand – Is our Brand being received as we anticipated?
- External Research (Qualitative and Quantitative)
- Brand Health Tracking
- Success Metrics